Thursday, March 28, 2013

Since we came home from March Break

Since we came home from March Break, I've been a little bummed. Wouldn't life be better if it were all vacations, all the time?
 St. Patrick's Day fell right after we came home.
Mallory dressed herself in pants AND a shirt that are both way too small. But they were green, and she insisted that she was going to wear them. I don't think she took a good, deep breath in all day.
Since the shirt advertises "Homemade Snowballs 5 cents each", she opened a snowball store, with styrofoam balls and the old toy cash register.
Liam wanted End-of-the-Rainbow parfaits and I bought the stuff to make them, and then we both forgot about them. (Chad was sick in the midst of this, which is part of what threw us for a loop.) He was just as happy to have them the next day when we finally remembered.
Then, it snowed. UGH!! I think this was March 21st... and we had even more snow a few days later. A far cry from the last week of March 2012 when the temperature was over 80 degrees for the entire week.
At work we celebrate March Madness with Meat Day (don't ask). Everything has to have meat in it. I took the opportunity to try a recipe I'd bookmarked for bacon-peanut butter-banana bread. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't as good as regular old banana bread (or, my personal fave, banana bread with mini Reece peanut butter cups in it - YUM!)
Mallory played ringette for the last time, and practically danced home. She is so over it.
She says she doesn't want to play again in the fall. Why do I feel like the moment we sell off all her equipment, she'll change her mind?? 
I was at the kids' school and came across Liam's essay about March Break on the bulletin board. It was awesome. Every Monday he's supposed to write 5 sentences about his weekend and he sometimes struggles to come up with 5 (as we all know - he's a man of few words). But the March Break essay is a page and a half long - he literally could not stop writing, he was so excited.
And that brings us to now. I finally feel ready to tackle some projects from my list. We have birthday parties to prepare for, a picture wall to finish in Mallory's room, and some sewing that I'd like to get to before the weather turns warm and I start spending every spare minute outside. Not sure which one is going to get top billing, but I'm hoping to make some progress on something this weekend.

No comments: