Thursday, September 29, 2011

I learn something new every day

These cell phone-snapped photos were taken back on Meet the Teacher night. The grade 1 kids had done 'getting to know me' type worksheets that included a family picture (thus the inclusion of a leftover Christmas card from last year) and information about their favourite things and what they want to be when they grow up. I don't know if the most surprising thing about Liam's submission was his favourite food, which I know is hard to see here, but it's a Joe Louis (we have never bought these and to my knowledge, he has never tasted one... though I don't blame him for thinking they look good!):Or his wildest dream, which I am sure is pretty common among six-year-olds:Or his career aspiration:The funny thing is, I have long maintained that being a mailman would be a wonderful job - the kind of thing I might take up part-time after winning the lottery. You get lots of fresh air and exercise and get to stroll around all day with the company of your own thoughts and perhaps your iPod - what's not to love about that?

No comments: