Sunday, October 2, 2011

He shoots, he scores!

Sunday morning was a time of great excitement in our house... err... arena. Sunday mornings are Liam's hockey practises, and for the first time this year (game slot or practise slot) the teams split the ice and played a scrimmage game. Liam spent a lot of time this morning face-first on the ice and I was wondering why his feet seemed to be getting out from underneath him so much... and then it happened. He made it to the puck first... kept it on his stick as he skated down the ice... turned the corner without dropping it... aimed for the net... and with a slight bounce off the post, the puck slid in.It's not really appropriate to whoop and holler during a scrimmage in a practise, right? So my immediate response was to murmur my appreciation of the event to Chad. Keep in mind, this is not Liam's first goal this year... this is his first goal EVER.Of course, it figured that I had my camera at the rink yesterday and not today, but in hindsight it really wouldn't have mattered. The way the bleachers are set up at Thames Campus, even if I'd had my camera, it would have been a lousy shot. I'll have to hope for another goal someday at Erickson to capture for posterity!After practise, we went to Tim Horton's for a doughnut to celebrate. Liam chose a Long John. After we got home, we called all the grandparents so Liam could fill them in. It was a happy day... hopefully the first of many this hockey season!

No comments: