Friday, October 7, 2011

Doppelganger


It was another crazy week when I had to travel out of town for a customer meeting. Another 9 pm departure and midnight hotel check-in. But luckily, this is the last trip on the horizon for me until next spring (as far as I can tell right now).

Because I'm still not feeling 100%, wanted to get some rest, needed to get some stuff done for the upcoming weekend - I thumbed my nose at the pile of stuff still on my desk from when we were on vacation in August, and took the day off. Chad went to work and Liam went to school. Mallory and I had a girls' day. You might think we'd play dolls and paint nails, but neither one of those things happened. Instead, Mallory really wanted me to get her a copy of the Sears Wish book so she could start making a Christmas list. We did that to make her happy and we ticked a few things off my to-do list, too. It was a good day.And because it was pushing 80 degrees, and because I'm scouting locations for photos for the next few weeks, we ran out to Wilson's Conservation Area and Mallory did a dry-run of her Halloween costume. I am not all that thrilled with these pictures, as I think we were out there about an hour too early and the sun was hard to work with; but Mal is thrilled with her costume. I kinda sorta wish I'd spent the extra $30 and gotten her the Disney-licenced version of the costume... then I quickly remember that she wears this ONCE in public before it hits the dress-up box, and I think the knockoff version is just fine.

Liam's costume was also purchased online and today I found out it was accidentally routed to Kingston and as of today, is sitting in the Ottawa post office waiting to be re-routed. Hoping it gets here soon so we can do a dry-run with him before it gets cold enough for him to require his winter coat over top... these 80 degree days are not going to last long.

No comments: