Friday, October 28, 2011

Hopeful but realistic

Last weekend Mallory had ringette two days in a row, and I think we can safely say that we have turned a corner. She hardly complained about going before we went; she didn't get off the ice early; and oh my goodness - what is that? Is that a smile I see on her face as she is pushing that ring around the ice?Thank you, mouth guard, for falling out of her mouth so that I can see that she is actually smiling while she skates.At this rate, I think she is even hoping for an extended cold snap that might freeze the creek so we can take it outside this winter. Of course, I'll need to find some rings somewhere, so she can push them up and down the creek. And you know what - the creek will be the perfect place to do that - there's a very long straightaway that I can picture her zipping down.I'm glad that ringette doubled up last week, because there is no ringette on Halloween night. As much as Mallory is starting to like it, she is just a normal kid - and given the choice between ringette and all-you-can-eat candy, she'll take the candy any day.

1 comment:

megan said...

Two hands on you stick, Mal!