Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Liam's take on things


Last night at dinner, I asked Liam what he thought about Tim Thomas refusing to go to the White House. (I wouldn't even know who Tim Thomas is, if it weren't for this conversation with Liam from last May.) Obviously he didn't get why I was asking, but that made it all the funnier this morning when he burst into the bathroom while we were getting ready for work to let us know that, while watching Sports Center (his daily ritual while getting dressed, and MAN, does he love it!), he saw the Bruins giving a jersey to a new Bruins player, named Obama, who must have been called up from the farm team.

(I think is my new all-time favourite piece of Liam's artwork, because holy heck, it is just SO him. He started it at the after school program and finished it at home, keeping it a secret until it was done, and I'll bet that there weren't too many team logos he couldn't draw from memory. And I know it's upside down, but pretty much every piece of art I scan and post shows up upside down, even though it scans right side up. I don't quite get it.)

No comments: