Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Getting makeupy

Last Thursday night I came home from my swim practice and found that Mallory (who was by then in
bed) had left me a note.
It cracked me up. Especially the part about getting "makeupy"! Mallory received a play makeup kit at her birthday party a few weeks ago and she has been itching to get into it. I told her she cannot wear makeup to school so she had to wait for a home day to bring it out, and Friday was a home day for the two of us.
The result: some pink eye shadow and pink lipstick. Mallory was a little disappointed that the eye shadow was not more obvious. I told her that we could see it more than she could see it because it was most noticeable when she blinked and I took this picture to prove it to her (it worked). Still... I am sure next time she will try the blue instead of the pink!!
And we had to do nails, too.
She also made a "List for the Day" with the rest of the activities she wanted to accomplish. This included going to the toy store to let her redeem a gift certificate, the running store so I could pick up a new fuel belt, exchanging a movie at Walmart, doing makeup, bike riding, going to the park, and a few other chores I added to the list.
We had a great day together. She only has two or three more days out of school when Cindy is not working... then she'll be at daycamps this summer and full time at school in the fall. We'll have to find a way to keep our girls' days going. It's time well spent.

No comments: