Monday, June 25, 2012

Tired

Well, so much for updating on the weekend. Life has been full of so much obligation lately that I took the chance to unplug while I could. I'm feeling thankful that I did, because today it was right back into the fray.

Making things a wee bit harder to cope with today, I'm tired. On the weekend we took the kids to see Brave at the movies. It's a new Disney movie with a new princess, and she even has red hair - this was a film we had to see. It was good, but it wasn't quite what I expected. A very significant part of the film had to do with the princess accidentally using a spell to turn her mother into a bear, and how they go about trying to change the bear back. Needless to say there was a lot of bear stuff in the movie, including a few scary scenes. Well, Liam made it 7 years, 2 months, and 12 days, but last night he had his first nightmare that saw him come running into our room in the middle of the night... having dreamt that he was at the zoo and being eaten by a bear. It was almost 5 a.m. and he didn't want to go back to bed alone. I went into his room with him, cuddled up next to him, and missed my morning swim. But it's not like this is an excuse I use very often. I'm sure I can fit my swim in tomorrow instead.

No comments: