Thursday, September 20, 2012

Meeting the teacher

Last week was our school's meet the teacher night. This was a lot earlier than it's normally held, but I liked it that way. We'd never met Liam's teacher before so it was nice to meet her before there was already a month of school under our belts.
One of the things I like best about meet the teacher night is not meeting the teacher at all. It's seeing the projects the kids have worked on in preparation for meet the teacher night. I always learn things about my kids that I never knew before. Like, I did not know that the three words Liam would use to describe himself are tall, nice, and smart. (I'd say about 90% of the class used the word 'nice' on their respective folders.) He's got it right though - he is tall compared to the other kids in his class. And he's pretty smart.
More importantly though, I did not know that his favourite song is "Party Rokin in the house to night". Bwahaha. My little LMFAO fan! And I think it's funny that he said "After school I think I'll watch TV." He almost never watches TV, unless a hockey game is on (and we all know how that's going this year...) Mallory, on the other hand, we can't pull away from the TV. Maybe that's why Liam never watches: there is always a Barbie or princess movie on.
The kids had to make a collage of pictures that represent themselves to put on a puzzle piece and connect to the other kids in the class. I thought it was very sweet that in addition to including a family picture in his collage, he wanted another picture just of Mallory, too.

No comments: