Friday, September 21, 2012

Steel

Also last week (I know, I know, I have been AWOL lately), Chad and I celebrated Anniversary #11. And this year, I didn't have pneumonia!
The traditional anniversary gift for #11 is steel. So when I came home and found these flowers, I assumed the container they were in (a mercury glass luminary of mine) was supposed to represent the steel. But then I found the card that accompanied the flowers. They were not really from Chad at all. At least, not according to Mallory. In fact, not only did Mallory give me flowers for my anniversary (which she apparently chose by herself, stem-by-stem, at a local floral boutique. Chad says he thinks she drove the owner crazy, though the owner probably spends 95% of her time dealing with bridezillas, so a cute five-year-old girl might actually have been a nice change of pace) - she also made me three anniversary cards, which is three cards more than Chad made me.
However, Chad did give me a little something else made of steel. So all is forgiven. 

This week we've been putting it to good use, playing countless games of "Where's My Water?" and watching the Gangnam Style video over and over again. The wonders of modern technology.

2 comments:

megan said...

Are you on instagram yet?

Carrie Cook said...

Should I be? :) I've taken a few before on the iPod... don't usually upload them though.