Saturday, November 19, 2011

The holidays are officially underway

You know, it's hard for me to write that, because I really think the holidays are officially underway as of American Thanksgiving; but this year our town's Santa Claus Parade moved up one weekend, putting it before Thanksgiving, so whoomp - here it is.

On the pro side, it was a lot warmer for the parade this year than it was last year (not that that stopped us from stocking up on hot chocolate and Timbits to help weather the show!) On the con side, the parade was WAY long and there was way too much filler... long periods of time between interesting entries... and it's not like I am THAT picky about what we're watching. I just like for there to be some lights, some music, SOMETHING worth watching. I digress.

I was starting to worry that my camera was dying during the parade because I couldn't for the life of me get it to focus, but today it's back to working fine, so I'm going to blame it on the low light and hope there's nothing more to it than that. I got all of three pictures that turned out, so here they are - in no particular order:
Liam enjoying his hot chocolate.
Friends of ours on a float.
The big man himself - on a very much scaled-down float, compared to past years. When the grand finale of the parade gets cut, what does that mean for the rest of it? Wondering a little whether there will be a parade at all next year.

No comments: