Thursday, November 10, 2011

Where in the world is CC?

I have been out of the loop for the last few days because - I know this will come as a huge surprise - NOT - we are sick again. Mallory came home from school with an upset tummy yesterday, and today I woke up feeling OK but by the time I got out of the shower I was dizzy and nauseous and decided not to go into the office. This is beginning to feel like groundhog day. The only upside to it is that on Monday night, Mallory had her worst ringette session of the entire year; she got on the ice, skated across the ice to stand and stare at us through the glass, and cried for about ten or fifteen minutes until we took her off the ice. Definitely the worst (and shortest) session yet. I would like to think, with the benefit of hindsight, that this was because she was not feeling well, and if she felt anything like I felt this morning then I don't blame her for it.

(Really though, I think this may be wishful thinking. She did not complain about being sick on Monday. I realize I am probably just trying to rationalize away some terrible behaviour.)

So today I stayed home, took a long nap, watched the entire 'Where in the World is Matt Lauer?' segment on the Today show and then, because he was in the Swiss Alps, I got the itch to actually go back and make an album of our trip there. That is the one trip I never did anything with, and suddenly I have this urge to do it, like, right now. Great... like I need another project.

I felt much better after my nap and a bowl of oatmeal in the middle of the afternoon (I have joined the steel cut oats bandwagon - that stuff is awesome!) I will be back to work tomorrow, right in time for the weekend. I think it's going to be another weekend of laying low and not overextending because clearly - clearly - I am run down to the point of having every passing germ knock me off my feet right now.

...but I can still start sorting photos even as I lay low... right???

No comments: