Saturday, March 24, 2012

Won over

Last fall I desperately wanted to see The Muppet Movie. It probably has something to do with having watched The Muppet Show every Friday night of my childhood. I thought it would be great fun to introduce my kids to the Muppets. They never turn down the opportunity to see a movie... or at least they hadn't, until this one. Something about the Muppets rubbed Mallory the wrong way and she REFUSED to go see it. Liam was only lukewarm. And so we never did make it to the theatre.

But this week it came out on DVD and I said I was renting the movie for a family movie night and that was that. Anyone who wanted to watch it could, and anyone who didn't want to could go to bed early. I guess they took the threat seriously because we all watched it last night. Liam thought the farting shoes and singing chickens were hilarious (of course) but Mallory - she was enraptured with the whole thing. And the first thing she did this morning when she woke up was draw me this picture. Of course it's showing here sideways, because my scanner does that. So in case you can't make it out, this is a picture of Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Beaker, Gonzo, the Swedish Chef, Walter, one of the chickens, and a few more whose names escape me because, let's face it, it's been a while.

She watched it again this morning and I've put it on again right now as a bedtime treat. She's hooked. I win again.

No comments: