Friday, April 13, 2012

The best day ever

Seven years ago today, Liam was born. By this time then he'd already been here an hour. I think we were still holding off on making celebratory phone calls in order to let our family and friends finish their sleep... but I don't think we held off too much longer. :) I think that April 13 will always go down as the happiest day of my life. That's not to say that I don't love Mallory every bit as much as Liam, but there is something extra special about becoming parents for the first time that cannot be repeated.

Seven years have passed in a blink. Really, a blink. I catch my breath to think that in seven years more, he will be taller than me, and in high school, and within a few years of leaving home. It goes by so, so fast.

Happy birthday, Liam. You are simply the best.

No comments: