Thursday, April 12, 2012

Five

On Monday, Mallory turned five. This was a bit of deja vu, since it was Easter Monday and she was actually born on Easter Monday. The nice thing about it was that it was a school PA day and Cindy took the day off, so I also took the day off, to stay home with the kids. The only thing that I really wanted to do was get some birthday portraits taken of both kids, and I wanted to do them at Wilson's. I pretty much had to drag the kids out there, and to be honest we got there later than we should have - the sun was high in the sky and most of the pictures did not turn out that well. I did, however, get a few of Liam that I *love*, and I had to drag the kids home kicking and screaming because they were having so much fun there.

The other big deal about this birthday was that Aunt Amy came home from London with us on Sunday and spent the night before taking the last train out on Monday. So having Aunt Amy with us on her birthday... yes, I think it made Mallory feel pretty special.

After Wilson's, and then lunch, I offered up a few choices to the kids (movie, swimming, etc.), none of which they were really interested in. Instead, we puttered, made some cupcakes, and then rode bikes to the park and played tag there. It was a beautiful day, so this was a great way to spend it.
(Rainbow cupcakes, of course!) For dinner, at Mallory's request, we had chicken fingers, rice, carrots, apples, and strawberries. I am pretty sure this is the exact same as her birthday menu from last year. Then Gramma and Grampa joined us for a cupcake. It's hard to tell from this picture but that is actually a number '5' sparkler. Sounds good in theory but the message is kind of lost when it is lit up!
Opening a few more gifts... including some $ from Gramma and Grampa to buy streamers for her bike handlebars.Happy birthday, baby girl. Hope you had a wonderful day.

No comments: