Saturday, April 7, 2012

Good Friday

We were in desperate need of a good day off. We took full advantage... I went for a long swim, Chad went for a long run, and the kids stayed in their jammies until noon. I came home from the pool with a DVD rental of "Hop" and we put that on after lunch as we set about the obligatory Easter egg dying session. Now we have 18 coloured eggs in the fridge that nobody is likely to eat... Liam has had a few but I don't think he enjoys bearing the full weight of the responsibility.I think I like decorating for spring/Easter even more than I do Christmas. There is less to put out, but I really like what we have.Be still, my heart. Sometimes the best photos come from the most unexpected moments. Here Mallory is waiting for her purple egg to take the colour, and while she's wearing a sweatshirt and her hair is a mess, I LOVE the expression on her face. But, this means that when I take her out on Monday to do her birthday shots - all dressed up - the universe will even out, and I will be unlikely to get anything that I like even remotely as much.
Getting the table all set for Easter dinner with the Cook family. I never used to set a fancy table, but gosh darn it, I kind of like it. We have nice things... might as well use them! (Note that my 'nice things' include several dollar store finds, such as the votive holders and the glasses...) After the table was set, the dining room had to be cordoned off, because Captain LOVES sleeping on a tablecloth.And after that was done, we couldn't bear to stay inside anymore - it was simply too nice outside. So we got out the bubbles for the first time this year...
...and Mallory got out the skipping rope she got for her birthday - she looks like she knows what she's doing here, but she really doesn't......and some action shots from Liam.

All in all, it was a pretty perfect day.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

The table did look lovely. Thanks again for having us!! :)

Next time you print pictures could I pretty please have that one of Mal in 5x7 (prepping for my photo wall...I'll get it together one day!)

Carrie Cook said...

Will do!