Tuesday, May 1, 2012

End of April

Things in computer world are 90% back to normal chez Cook. Most of the software is reinstalled and the XHD is hooked up. Still having a few issues (hoping this monitor is calibrated the same as the old one, otherwise I am in for a surprise the next time I have photos printed!) Last night Mallory wanted to transfer a picture of Captain she had taken on her Leappad onto the computer to print it out, but when I synced the devices I realized we are missing the Leapfrog software that does the trick. Also, for whatever reason, every time I sync my watch to the computer my workout loads to Chad's account rather than mine. I realize that these are first-world problems, but they are still taking a bit of time to muddle through and resolve.
We marked the end of the month with two major events. On Saturday, we marked Jonah's first birthday with a party at his house. We showed up gift-less since his gift is photo-related and couldn't be accessed last week... oh well. We went the IOU route instead. Hard to believe another year has flown by... Happy Birthday, Jonah!

The kids initially had another birthday party to attend later in the afternoon, but the guest of honour for that party was ill, and so we left Jonah's party and went on to the next event... the Forest City half marathon in London. Which was actually Sunday morning, but package pickup was Saturday afternoon. Yes, this is the race I initially said I was going to do, and no, I didn't do it. Having spent most of Feb and March sick, I just didn't get the training in. Of course, as soon as I showed up to the event, I felt like a pansy for being there and not participating, especially since I had run ten miles the day before - I likely could have gotten through three more in a race environment. Oh well, there is always next year. Instead of running, I was free to sit in a coffee shop with the kids eating muffins, and then hang out at the children's tent, watching clowns make balloon animals and getting fake tattoos. Still a pretty decent way to spend a morning.

And with that... April is officially a wrap. We never did get back out to take another family picture this month, so the Easter shot will have to do for our Four People Twelve Times entry. Here we are all dressed up - but it's 5 p.m. and we're also hopped up on sugar. Not our best smile-for-the-camera moment, but pretty real.
On with May!

No comments: