Thursday, May 24, 2012

Initiated

Today, I survived my first bike crash. I was on my way home from a long ride - literally within eyesight of my house (OK, so I was a couple km's away - but could see the house across the farm field), hit some gravel while taking a corner and skidded out. I landed on my left shoulder, which did not lose much skin, but has a wicked contusion on it now and is quite painful to move (no swim for me tomorrow I guess). Some minor road rash down my left leg, wrist and on my chin. It could have been a lot worse so I am counting myself lucky. It is not lost on me that just about a year ago at this time, I was happily preparing for triathlon season when my back went out and I spent the rest of the summer hobbling around. Very glad that this does not seem like it will impede my mobility too much, a swim or two excepted. Now I just have to see if I can get the asphalt out of my beloved Livestrong shirt I was wearing while riding. It's not looking good.

No comments: