Sunday, July 1, 2012

Happy Canada Day

Happy Canada Day 2012! We spent a bit of time messing around in our back yard last night, taking these pictures.
I found some 28" long sparklers this week so I bought a package, and I roped Liam into coming outside with me as it got dark to light them up. (You KNOW Mallory wouldn't go near them with a ten-foot pole.) There were only 3 in the package and they burn for about 3-4 minutes each, so our time was limited. Still, we managed to get a few keeper shots. I just need to work on my penmanship... and my drawing skills. Can you tell that's supposed to be a maple leaf?
While we were mucking about with sparklers, others in the neighbourhood were using the real deal. There was a pretty cool fireworks display being lit up down on the path. Not sure which neighbour undertook this, but thanks for the free show!
Nice and colourful. We'll check out the city fireworks tonight, but I will not drag my camera along to that.
One more that shows a bit of behind-the-scenes. Next time I find the big sparklers, I'll pick up a few packs. This turned out to be a lot of fun.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

great job!! The maple leaf can also be a turkey for Thanksgiving. :o)