Monday, July 23, 2012

"I coulda been a contender!"

On the weekend, I had planned to do the Bluewater triathlon, but life had other plans. I hit a snafu when the registration page, which SAID it closed at midnight Friday night, actually closed at 6 p.m. My bike tires were pumped and my wetsuit was packed, but I couldn't register. So there was no race for me.
To add insult to injury, when I checked the results page after the race, I saw that my usually-solidly-back-of-the-pack estimated performance would have, for some freak-of-nature reason, placed me SECOND in my age group in this race. I would have PODIUMED. I would have gotten A LITTLE WOODEN PLAQUE. Man, was I ticked.
Oh well... nothing left to do but enjoy the summer weekend. Soccer, swimming, hanging out in the back yard with friends and family. There were worse alternatives.
Still, I'm not leaving my next race to chance. I'm already signed up for Tecumseh in 2 weeks' time.

No comments: