Monday, December 10, 2012

This means you, Mallory

The irony is not lost on me that this is the surprise Reddy had in store for the kids when they woke up Sunday morning... and then Sunday afternoon, at a family Christmas party, Mallory went into full-blown public tantrum mode, the likes of which I do not think were even seen when she was a toddler. She had better watch her step or some (more) returns are going to be made. Yes, I can tell we're in mid-December now; struggling to get enough rest to keep us from being cranky as we go from social engagement to social engagement, cramming as much work as possible into the last two weeks of the year before vacation time kicks in, and trying to fit the demands of daily life in around it all (no run or swim for me on the weekend, I found myself pulling out the sewing machine at 10:30 Sunday night to finally put the name badge on the back of Mallory's ringette jersey, and don't even think of looking in my laundry room right now.) It will be an early bedtime tonight for sure.

No comments: