Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

Happy Mothers Day to all the mamas I know. We survived another year!
This year I was spoiled by the usual assortment of homemade gifts... small potted plants the kids planted/painted at school and at daycare... an overload of homemade cards from Mallory. And Liam let me hug him, so you know, that was a win.

Mallory filled out a questionnaire about me and said:

My mom is: fabulous (!!)
Mom likes: taking pictures
She looks pretty when: she scratched out "when" and wrote "every day"
My mom always helps me: clean my room
My favourite thing to do with her is: make cookies
I was treated to a big waffle breakfast cooked on a new waffle iron, which might have been a little self-serving on the kids part... I think this means they expect more waffle breakfasts going forward. No problem; I love a good waffle breakfast.

My Mother's Day took an unconventional turn later in the day when I went for a bike fitting. My back gets sore when I ride, so I figured something must be out of whack. It turns out that I have abnormally long femurs, according to the bike fitter, and that my quads are disproportionately large to the rest of my body which should make me a killer cyclist. This is good to know, because a few weeks ago my swim coach told me my legs are too big and heavy for me to ever be a really good swimmer. Alas, the news from the bike fitter was not all good; he said that my inner thighs are disproportionately weak compared to my outer thighs and that I have trouble with my back because my glutes are comparatively weak and my back does a lot of over-compensating for them. Funny, I thought I was going for a bike fitting and in reality I found out just how biomechanically messed up I am.

But I will keep plugging away at it, because there are a lot of waffles to work off in my future.

No comments: