Friday, May 24, 2013

Family time

In addition to hauling large quantities of stone last weekend (which we will be continuing this weekend - oy),  we had some family time with a trip to Stratford.
(I can't decide if she looks more like Katrina or like John.)
The visit was great fun for three-fifths of the kids in attendance, because the April and May birthdays were celebrated. Luckily, Lillian was too young to realize that she was left out, and Thomas was a great sport about it, though that might have been because he was more stoked about Henry's gift than Henry was.
How to keep a couple of 7- and 8-year-old boys entertained for a few hours: give them each a Super Soaker, turn on a hose, and let them have at it.
If it had been hotter outside, I think they would have come back in totally drenched. Liam got cold as soon as he got a little wet, so he was able to rein it in.
Not only were there gifts - there were cupcakes! Red velvet, s'more, apple caramel... lots of decisions to be made.
And we finished the day with a soccer game, to work off the cupcakes.

There are no family reunions in the works for us this weekend, but we do plan to head down to Retrofest. This is the weekend that our hometown becomes the "Classic Car Capital of Canada". Lots of antique and retro cars are rolling into town, and this morning as I drove past the radio station I spotted the Delorian from Back to the Future and the Batmobile parked outside. I was late getting to work so I didn't have time to stop, but I'd like to go check them out on display. I maintain my assertion that Back to the Future is one of the best movies of all time, so I am particularly geeked about the Delorian.

No comments: