Thursday, February 16, 2012

I suck at romantic holidays

I think this was first proven back in September when I ruined the 10th wedding anniversary weekend that Chad had planned for us by catching pneumonia.I seem to have done it again, becase on Valentine's Day I came down with the worst sore throat I have ever had in my life, and a general feeling of unwellness. Rather than doing anything special to celebrate, I came home, put on my granny jammies and went straight to bed.On Wednesday morning I went to my doctor's office and asked for a throat swab, because if I have a terrible sore throat and Liam has strep throat then it only makes sense that I have it too, right? Nope, not so. The swab came back negative and the doctor's office told me it is likely just a virus that will pass. Starting to sound familiar, right? Well, I think they are wrong. Today, about two thirds of my body is covered in a bright red rash that looks like sunburn, exactly the same as Liam had. If history is an indicator then I will have some blisters next and the doctor's office will call me tomorrow to say that the second test they ran (which gets sent out to a lab rather than diagnosed in-house) indicates that I need penicillin. Which I will gladly take, to get over this - because it's quite miserable.I've missed 1.5 days of work so far, and can't imagine I would be well enough to go in tomorrow even if I didn't have a planned flex Friday off with Mallory. I'm hoping to wrap this up mighty quick, though. We have a chock-full weekend planned and I don't want to miss out on any of it. Hoping that I am feeling better soon and, even more than that, that Mallory and Chad continue to evade whatever it is that Liam and I have caught.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

hope the ice didn't take over the house, we need an update, you all ok?

Dawn said...

ice=ICK