Saturday, February 25, 2012

Recuperating

Yes, The Sick got me, too. The second strep test also came back negative, so I waited it out almost another week before heading back into the doctor's office. But after all that time, I was *still* under water. The clincher came when Mallory woke up at 2 a.m. with an earache. I settled her with Tylenol and put her back to bed, but thought she should get checked out the next day. And since the glands in my neck were so swollen that I couldn't stop coughing, I got myself checked out, too. The doctor we saw (part of a rotation - not our usual family doctor) could't believe I was still walking after 9 days with strep and also couldn't believe that I had 2 strep tests come back negative, because every symptom pointed to it. What can I say - I'm a medical marvel. I have been on antibiotics for 48 hours now and feel much, much better. Oh, and Mallory is on the same medication, since her ear infection was caused by strep, too. So if we've seen you in the past week... consider yourself exposed.

Of course, life doesn't stop just because everyone gets sick. We still went out and celebrated Family Day weekend by packing in some activities (in part because I started to feel better before taking another turn for the worse!) - we went to Boler Mountain to tube, visited my sister's family in Toronto, and went to a Family Day matinee in Lakeshore. I also took a 24 hour trip to Calgary for a meeting. This weekend we've had a skating party and a birthday party, and there's still one more day to go! For not being a busy time of year we certainly seem to be on the go a lot.

That doesn't mean we aren't trying to fit in some recuperation time where we can thoguh... so I fully expect this to be the February edition of Four People Twelve Times. I can't see rallying together for another photo again before month's end, even having the benefit of an extra day this year.

No comments: